Find the perfect wedding style for your short hair
Are you a bride-to-be with short hair, worried about finding wedding hairstyles that’ll suit you on the big day? Look no further! Gone are the days when long locks were the go-to for brides. Short hair can be just as stunning and versatile, while allowing you to showcase your unique big day style.
Whether you have a pixie cut, a bob, or anything in between, there are plenty of elegant options to choose from. From romantic up-do’s to intricate braids, we’ve curated a list of the best wedding hairstyles for short hair. Get ready to be inspired and discover how to make your short locks the star of the show.
Let’s dive in and explore the world of wedding hairstyles for short hair, where fabulousness knows no limits!
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Wedding Hairstyle
When it comes to selecting the perfect wedding hairstyle for your short hair, there are a few factors to consider. First and foremost, think about your personal style and the overall theme of your wedding. Are you going for a boho-chic vibe or a classic, elegant look? Deciding early will help you narrow down the options and find a hairstyle that complements your overall bridal aesthetic.
Next, consider the length and texture of your short hair. Different hairstyles work better for different hair lengths, so it’s important to choose a style that works with your current haircut. Also, think about the natural texture of your hair. Do you have straight, wavy, or curly locks? This will also play a role in determining which hairstyles will work best.
Lastly, think about the season and location of your wedding. If you’re getting married in a hot and humid climate, you may want to opt for a hairstyle that’ll withstand the elements and stay in place throughout the day. On the other hand, if you’re having a winter wedding, you might want to consider a hairstyle that can be easily accessorized with a hat or headpiece.
Taking these factors into consideration will help you narrow down your options and find the perfect wedding hairstyle for your short hair.
Pixie Cut Wedding Hairstyles
Pixie cuts are known for their bold and edgy look, but they can also be incredibly elegant and feminine. There are several ways to style a pixie cut for a wedding day. One option is to add soft curls or waves to your hair to create a romantic and whimsical look. You can use a curling iron or hot rollers to achieve this style, and finish it off with a touch of hairspray to ensure your curls last all day.
If you prefer a sleek and polished look, you can also straighten your pixie cut and add a deep side part to create a sophisticated and glamorous vibe. This style works particularly well for brides with a structured and modern wedding aesthetic.
For those who want to add a touch of vintage charm to their pixie cut, consider incorporating a retro-inspired accessory, such as a sparkly hairpin or a birdcage veil. These accessories can instantly elevate your hairstyle and give it a timeless and classic feel.
Bob Cut Wedding Hairstyles
Bob cuts are versatile and flattering, making them a popular choice among brides with short hair. Whether you have a chin-length bob or a longer, shoulder-length bob, there are plenty of options to choose from when it comes to wedding hairstyles.
One classic option is to add loose waves or curls to your bob for a romantic and effortless look. This style works particularly well for outdoor or beach weddings, as it has a relaxed and boho vibe. To achieve this look, you can use a curling wand or a flat iron to create loose waves, and finish it off with a texturizing spray for added volume and hold.
If you’re looking for something a bit more polished and sophisticated, consider a sleek bob with a deep side part. This style is clean and elegant, and it works well for both formal and casual weddings. You can use a straightening iron to achieve a sleek and smooth look, and finish it off with a shine-enhancing serum for a glossy finish.
For brides who want to add a touch of glamour to their bob, consider incorporating a statement hair accessory, such as a bejewelled headband or a floral crown. These accessories can instantly elevate your hairstyle and make you feel like a true bridal queen.
Updo Wedding Hairstyles for Short Hair
Up-dos are a classic choice for weddings, and they can be just as stunning on short hair as they are on long hair. There are several up-do options to consider for your short locks, from simple and understated to intricate and ornate.
One option is to create a low bun or chignon at the nape of your neck. This style is elegant and timeless, and it works well for both formal and casual weddings. To achieve this look, start by gathering your hair into a low ponytail, and then twist it into a bun, securing it with bobby pins. You can leave a few face-framing pieces loose for a soft and romantic touch.
If you prefer a more intricate and detailed up-do, consider a braided up-do. Braids are a great way to add texture and visual interest to your hairstyle, and they can be incorporated into a variety of up-do styles. For example, you can create a braided crown around your head or a braided twist at the back of your head. These styles are unique and eye-catching, and they work well for boho-chic or rustic weddings.
Another option for an up-do hairstyle is to create a twisted or rolled up-do. This style is sophisticated and polished, and it works well for brides who want a more structured and formal look. To achieve this style, start by twisting or rolling sections of your hair and securing them with bobby pins. You can create a variety of twists and rolls to add dimension and texture to your up-do.
No matter which updo style you choose, be sure to use plenty of bobby pins and hairspray to ensure your hairstyle stays in place throughout the day.
Braided Wedding Hairstyles for Short Hair
Braids are a versatile and stylish option for short hair, and they can be incorporated into a variety of wedding hairstyles. Whether you prefer a simple and understated braid or a more intricate and elaborate style, there are plenty of options to pick from.
One option is to create a side braid that starts at the front of your hairline and wraps around the side of your head. This style is romantic and whimsical, and it works well for outdoor or boho-chic weddings. To achieve this look, start by creating a deep side part, and then French braid your hair along the hairline, adding sections from the opposite side as you go. Secure the braid with a clear elastic at the end, and gently pull on the sections to create a soft and loose look.
If you’re looking for something more intricate and eye-catching, consider a fishtail braid. This style is elegant and sophisticated, and it works well for brides who want a more polished and structured look. To achieve this look, divide your hair into two equal sections, and then take a small piece from the outside of the left section and cross it over to the right section. Repeat this process, alternating sides, until you reach the end of your hair. Secure the braid with a clear elastic, and gently pull on the sections to create a fuller and more textured look.
Another option for a braided wedding hairstyle is to create a braided up-do. This style is intricate and ornate, and it works well for brides who want a truly show-stopping look. To achieve this look, start by creating a French braid at the back of your head, incorporating sections of your hair as you go. Once you reach the nape of your neck, gather the remaining hair into a low bun or chignon, securing it with bobby pins. This style is perfect for brides who want to make a statement with their hairstyle.
Tips for Styling and Maintaining Short Hair Wedding Hairstyles
Styling and maintaining short hair wedding hairstyles requires some special techniques and products. Here are a few tips to help you achieve and maintain your desired look:
1. Start with clean and dry hair. Washing your hair the day before your wedding will give it enough time to air dry and settle into its natural texture. Avoid using heavy styling products or excessive heat, as this can weigh down your hair and make it harder to style.
2. Use the right products. Choose lightweight styling products that won’t weigh down your hair or make it greasy. A volumizing mousse or a texturizing spray can add body and hold to your short hair. Finish off with a light-hold hairspray to keep your hairstyle in place without making it stiff or crunchy.
3. Consider using extensions. If you have very short hair and want to achieve a longer or more voluminous hairstyle, consider using clip-in hair extensions. These extensions can be easily clipped into your natural hair and styled to create your desired look. Be sure to select extensions that match your hair colour and texture for a seamless blend.
4. Experiment with different styling techniques. Don’t be afraid to try out different styling techniques to achieve your desired look. For example, you can use a curling iron or hot rollers to add curls or waves to your short hair. You can also use a flat iron to create sleek and straight styles. Play around with different techniques and find what works best for your hair type and desired look.
5. Seek professional help. If you’re unsure about how to style your short hair for your wedding day, consider seeking the help of a professional hairstylist. They have the expertise and experience to create a stunning and personalized hairstyle that will complement your overall bridal look. Schedule a trial appointment before your wedding day to test out different styles and ensure you’re happy with the final result. An engagement session with your photographer is the perfect time to test drive a new look with your hairstylist!
6. Use a touch-up kit. It’s a good idea to have a touch-up kit on hand on your wedding day, especially if you have short hair. This kit can include a small bottle of hairspray, bobby pins, and a comb or brush. These items will be helpful for quick touch-ups throughout the day to ensure your hairstyle stays in place and looks fresh.
By following these tips, you can ensure your short hair wedding hairstyle looks flawless and lasts throughout your big day.
‘A little disclosure: there are affiliate links on this page! That just means if you click on a link, find something you like and buy it, we’ll make some cash. Don’t worry, you won’t pay any extra – you may even get a discount.’